Drilling Regulatory Compliance Training
OTC’s Offshore Drilling Regulatory Compliance training is a five-day (35 hour) course accredited by IADC. This course is intended for all drilling personnel with regulatory compliance responsibilities including Drilling Engineers and Superintendents, Company Men, HSE Managers, OIM’s, Rig Managers, Tool Pushers, Subsea Engineers, Drillers and Maintenance staff. OTC expects that participants who attend the course would be able to identify and explain potential regulatory and compliance related deficiencies. The overall objective of the course is to provide participants with knowledge and understanding of applicable offshore drilling regulatory compliance requirements as well as inspection methodology and skills.
The interactive course is instructor led via classroom and workshop style settings. Participants enrolled in the course are required to have prior oil and gas experience. Slideshows, handouts and actual case studies are utilized throughout the course to engage participants for the purpose of completing the course with an 80% pass rate required by IADC.
At the end of the course, each participate should be able to demonstrate the understanding of the content provided to them via the course objectives listed below:
- Develop fundamental knowledge and understanding of offshore drilling regulatory requirements and inspection methodology and skills.
- Identify the primary governmental agencies and their associated regulations pertaining to offshore drilling operations.
- Identify the secondary governmental agencies and their association to offshore drilling operations.
- Understand the various BSEE regulations / PINC’s as identified by activity or topic.
- Be able to locate, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements as identified by the Code of Federal regulations or similar regulatory documents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the details necessary to prove compliance with a rule or regulation.
- Identify systems having frequency based testing requirements.
- Have knowledge of frequency based testing requirements.
- Have knowledge of requirements of Safety and Environmental Management System program.
JULY 31 – AUG 4 TRAINING DISCOUNTED BY 25% OR MORE
15415 Katy Freeway, Suite 100 Houston, Texas 77094-1810 USA
- July Session
July 31, 2017 - August 4, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- September Session
September 25, 2017 - September 29, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm